Food

Picky eaters and allergy-safe cooking — the two aren’t necessarily unrelated.

Girl Gone Wonk

From policy to politics, this rant’s for you.

News

The day’s events in a family way — unless something else amuses me.

School days

From preschool to kindergarten — so far

Simple Gifts

Inexpensive homemade gifts, creative parties and low-cost projects, for Christmas and beyond. Many are easy enough for children to help.

Home » 9to5to9

Tag! I’m it

Submitted by on Sunday, 2 November 2008 6 Comments
I like this version of tag so much better than the playground edition. Back in grade school, I was too slow to catch even one person. But now I get to tag six, all with the click of the mouse. Sweet!

Shytrblemaker, who almost became a sailor but didn't, started it by tagging me on her blog. So I'm joining the game and hitting up six of you.

The rules are simple:
  • 1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
  • 2. Post the rules on your blog.
  • 3. Write six random things about yourself.
  • 4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
  • 5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
  • 6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So here we go with the random part:

1. I'm a certified drama queen and have the plaques to prove it. Or, at least, my mom does, buried somewhere in my old bedroom or stashed in the barn. I was all-state theater twice in high school. I considered majoring in theater but decided there's no money in it unless you're incredibly lucky. Picked journalism instead. Go ahead, laugh.

2. My ultimate career goal used to be a operating a bakery/newspaper that could deliver the donuts hot out of the fryer and news hot off the press. Looks like one of those remains a viable option.

3. Between Big Guy and me, we have 27 food allergies. We share only one: Egg. He's anaphylactic to peanut and egg; I'm anaphylactic to pork and seafood. His weirdest allergy is garlic. My weirdest is lettuce. Little Guy is allergy-free.

4. I learned to tap dance in three weeks for a community theater production once. Not well, but luckily my character wasn't so hot, so it worked. The guys are disappointed that I remember only three steps.

5. My birthday falls on Easter Sunday every 11 years. On the off-years, it's usually near Easter. I have massive hostility issues with bunny cakes.

6. I quit counting my cake pans at 100. I don't even want to start on a cookie-cutter inventory. I'm so obsessive-compulsive about baking gear that I set parental controls on my own account for the Wilton and King Arthur Web sites, plus a few others, to make me think before I click. It helps.

And now for my tag list: I look forward to reading your posts, ladies!

Similar Posts:

6 Comments »

• ShyTrbleMaker said:

Cake pans? Dang want to make a pooh bear cake and bring it down on the 8th? Thanks for letting me know a little bit more about you!

• debra said:

Believe it or not, that’s one I don’t have. I steer away from specific characters, though I, of course, have Thomas. And a Blues Clues I bought for a niece’s birthday six years ago. Otherwise, I “invest” in pans I can use for a number of characters. Which is why I have three other teddy bears that would work for Pooh if the 8th weren’t a soccer day. So unless the shindig is fairly late, Pooh and I will have to take a pass this year.

• ParentingPink Mommy said:

Oh, I love a good game of tag! I also love the quirky things you’ve listed. If you ever feel the need to break back into your “drama queen” role, then stop by my house first. I’ve got all the drama you can handle! Whew! Maybe I should just sign all three of my little princesses up for the theatre too!

And wow! I thought my hubby had bad allergies. Lettuce? Hmmm, that is a weird one. In fact, now that I think of it, my daughters keep telling me that they are allergic to it too. Go figure!

I’ll let you know when I get my “tag” list together. I think it’s fair to say that I’m as quirky as you are! LOL

• Debra said:

He he he. Big Guy never pulls the “I’m allergic” scam (I guess because for him it’s serious) but Little Guy tries it once in a while. Not too often, because he’ll eat pretty much anything. But he was allergic to sweet potatoes the other night.

Can’t wait to read you list. Quirky’s good! Sometimes, it’s the only thing that keeps me from being full-tilt whacko.

• Leslie Klinger said:

Now look, I am computer challenged…so I think I did this right…

BUT now I have to get the rules posted….dang, I knew I forgot SOMETHING!!!!

Cake pans?

• Debra said:

Ya did just fine, Leslie! Thanks for playing along.

One thing I want to know, though: Who won the contest, you or Rod Stewart?