Kids and Allergies Sweet Treat Friday: Apple muffins
I usually make a double batch -- one for now, one for the freezer.
This is a rare recipe that was egg-free to begin with -- it's always nice when you don't have to go through conversion trial and error. Possibly because it's egg-free, the muffin rises only about two inches. It's actually the perfect size for the guys.
Oat, Apple and Raisin Muffins
- 1c. raisins -- Big Guy won't eat raisins, so I use extra apple instead
- 1 c. chopped apple -- I grate it instead, and use a cup and a half.
- 1/4 c. oil
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. quick oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg -- I use just the cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- Big Guy: Loves them, especially after he helped make them this week.
- Little Guy: Would rather eat just the icing.